407 Food Science Building
College of Agricultural Sciences
Penn State University
University Park, PA 16802
Dr. Audrey Maretzki is Professor Emeritus of Food Science and Nutrition at the Pennsylvania State University.
- Sustainable Food Systems
- How community residents can understand and influence public and corporate decisions that affect their food system
- Community Cancer Control: The development of community cancer control coalitions in rural Appalachia
- International Development: Involvement of rural Kenyan women in the formulation, processing, and marketing of weaning foods from locally available ingredients
Her work has been published in
- Public Issues Education: Increasing Competence in Resolving Public Issues (1994)
- Food Security in the United States: A Handbook for Public Issues Education (1994)
- Journal of Extension (Volume 32, Number 4, December 1994)
- Sowing Seeds in the Mountains: Community-Based Coalitions for Cancer Prevention and Control (1995)
- Cancer and the Cultures of America. Proceedings of the President's Cancer Panel Meeting (November 30, 1994)
- Food Technology (Volume 48, Number 2, February 1994)
- Increasing Understanding of Public Problems and Policies (Farm Foundation, 1991)
- Beating Heart Disease in the 1990s: Proceedings of an International Conference, Health Education Authority (London, 1991)
Dr. Maretzki is co-editor of Public and Private Partnership for Rural Development: Proceedings of the 48th Annual Professional Agricultural Workers Conference (Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, AL, 1990).
408 Paterno Library
University Park, PA 16802-1811
Amy L. Paster is the Head of the Life Sciences Library at Penn State. She received an M.L.S. in Library Science from SUNY Albany and a B.S. in Entomology from the University of Georgia. Prior to joining the Penn State faculty in 1985, she was a librarian at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, NY. She currently serves on the editorial board of the Journal of Agricultural and Food Information.
Her research interests include entomology, turfgrass, mycology, and general science.
208 Paterno Library
University Park, PA 16802-1809
Helen M. Sheehy is Head of the Social Sciences and Donald W. Hamer Maps Libraries at the Pennsylvania State University Libraries. She has a B.S. in Nutrition from Framingham State University and an M.L.S. from Clarion University of Pennsylvania. Prior to becoming a librarian she worked in community development in Honduras with Peace Corps and CARE. From 2003-2009 she was a managing editor of the American Library Association journal DttP: Documents to the People.
Her research interests include political science, law, international relations, and government information.